Menu Close Menu

Forum

Does Bovine Ovary Glandular work? / General Transgender Discussion / Transgender Forum

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 02, 2021 2:49:AM

New42M

Does Bovine Ovary Glandular work?

Hello everyone. I am wanting to to transform and wondered if I can do it by taking herbal products Already started taking saw palmetto. Saw this product called bovine ovary glandular and say it can transform you. I know most of it are ads I saw but was wondering if anyone knows if this is something that really works??

#2 Apr 02, 2021 9:15:AM

Terra

Re: Does Bovine Ovary Glandular work?

New42M wrote:

Hello everyone. I am wanting to to transform and wondered if I can do it by taking herbal products Already started taking saw palmetto. Saw this product called bovine ovary glandular and say it can transform you. I know most of it are ads I saw but was wondering if anyone knows if this is something that really works??

I'm heavily skeptical of herbal products. I haven't done a lot of research there and so I'm not going to weigh in other than to say there is a potential for danger there outside of the potential dangers of taking hormones. I can say with complete certainty that prescribed medications 100% work, will always have dramatically higher outcomes, and come with a built-in medical support system. Medical issues aside, this is something you should talk to a therapist about, because including therapy with hormonal transition is essential.

For me, the most important part is prescribed hormones work better, and it's was hard enough being patient with; I don't have any patience for something that may not even work. Even assuming herbal estrogen is just as good, it's only a piece of HRT; you still need an androgen blocker. I am not going into an endocrinology lecture so I'll be keeping it simple; trans men can just take testosterone (T) because it will overpower estrogen (E). The way this is addressed for trans women is a blocker, typically Spironolactone, that prevents the testes from producing T, and in this way it does not interfere with the E you take along with it. This is a slow process, for many reasons; it's safer to take it slow, and you just get better outcomes. E takes time to make changes, and part of that is the time it takes to cripple your T levels. You start out with a small does, because your body can't use all of a high dose; you're essentially training it to accept more and more over time. In the second year you can start progesterone, which data shows can greatly increase outcomes; when I started on it my tits started rounding out nicely, I very happy with it.

Im not going into the dangers of HRT; that's a whole can of worms and at least some of the public discourse on it is overblown. The rewards outweigh the risks in every way for me. This is why medical and therapeutic supervision is essential. I also do not know of the dangers of herbal remedies, but it doesn't have scientific backing. If it did my doctor would put me on that. All of the HRT meds are cis meds; Spironolactone is a heart medication, Estradiol is basically birth control, and progesterone is for menstruation problems. They just happen to have the side effect of making us biologically female.

Access to these hormones has also come a long way; I'm 39 and the world I find myself in is almost unrecognizable from the one in which I grew up. If Republicans haven't closed all the Planned Partenthood clinics in your area like they have here, they offer hormone resources. I'm on medicaid, in Texas, and it's covered my entire transition; I couldn't get to an Endo, so I found a local gynecologist. I don't recommend it, because they don't have the expertise with us that an Endo will, but they can absolutely prescribe and monitor HRT. If you're at the point where you want to try herbs, why not just just call some Gynos in the area and see if they take your insurance? They dont care if you're trans, you're a patient that gives them the same amount of money and all they have to do is talk to you a few times a month and write your scrips. Same money, 1/4 the work. Whatever you decide to do, if you're not already, go find a therapist, preferably one specializing in gender; they not only make the process easier, they show a road map, they have answers, and not only that . . . HRT is 2nd puberty. You're going to be a teenaged girl for about 2 years, and you have no idea what it's truly like to face the emotional storms until you're in them. Ask any cis woman you know; they know all about what it's like to go through female puberty. You need a therapist there for that.

Good luck to you; you're a grown-ass-woman, and you have the right to make your own decisions about your body. But, please do some research, and please approach this involving medical professionals in every stage of it. Transition saved my life, and hormones are magical; I highly recommend them. But they Will Not solve your problems, they'll just make you free so you can actually start solving them on your own. Go look at before and after pics of transitions, especially those of us who are older. Look at the eyes. This is 100% worth it.

If you ever want to talk, or have questions, feel free to PM or mail me. Also remember that I'm a self-identifying witch; I know all about gender sorcery. Those herb dealers just want your money; maybe the medical professionals do too, but their shit actually works. So, to make a long answer short, if you wanna take herbs still ask a doc about it first.

<3 <3 <3 You can do this and I'm rooting for you <3 <3 <3

Last edited by Terra (Apr 02, 2021 9:16:AM)

#3 Apr 18, 2021 8:03:AM

Alisonm

Re: Does Bovine Ovary Glandular work?

Thank you, although I wasn’t the one asking, you’ve really explained a lot and drawn back the curtains and shed light on so many questions I had as well. That was wonderfully informative!